Tuesday, 29 March 2016

A new start

So the end of 2015 and the start of 2016 have been a rollercoaster to say the least.

On 28th December I lost my beautiful, creative Mum suddenly and knew my life would never be the same again. She loved to craft so I owed it to her to re-ignite my creative spark. Little did I know what was to come.

On 20th January I had a routine MRI on my back after slipping by the pool in Florida last year and falling badly on my back. This found a large mass in my pelvis, so I was fast tracked to gynae oncology and on 4th Feb had my first appointment and was booked for a bi-lateral-salpingo-oopherectomy which I had on 23rd Feb. Fast forward some weeks,  hearing nothing I started to chase the histology report. My GP was a little reluctant to read it to me so last Thursday 24th March I finally found out I have ovarian cancer. Initially I thought ok I can deal with this now I know, but these last few days have been very difficult. I am meeting my gynaecologist today to discuss the results further and will be referred to St Lukes Cancer Centre at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford for a hysterectomy and what else I have yet to find out.

Today whilst checking Pinterest I came across an old friend from the crafting world Sharon Nettleship and this beautiful door hanging which really struck a chord with me so I contacted her and she directed me to the Unity Stamp Company and their beautiful range of stamps.

I am going to buy some and make myself a canvas to inspire me to keep strong through the coming months whatever they may bring. Thanks Shary :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim so sorry to hear about your mum and diagnosis. Stay strong and I know crafting will help you through this hard time. Thank you so much for the mention it was the least I could do. Can't wait to see your canvas. Massive hug for you xx

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate any comments left for me and that people have taken the time to stop by so thank you and please leave your link so I can visit you and thank you in person.