Thursday, 22 May 2014

It's here! My Cricut Explore!!!!

I had the date for the launch on C&C last Friday in my phone and after a couple of minutes pressed the purchase button! It arrived yesterday and I set to work immediately. I cut lots of vinyl to begin with, perfect and it is so quiet in use. Then imported some SVG's and cut those, love the way the software is so intuitive with the mats you will need and separating the layers, such a time saver. I then tried to cut a 1" butterfly and it cut ok but some of the finer parts just weren't perfect. I searched online and found Joy who is an amazing lady and she got back to me straight away with a solution which was uber simple and it worked, so I am a very happy bunny this morning :) It cut this filigree heart absolutely perfectly, just look at the negative bits on the mat too, easy to peel off and this has NEVER happened with any Cricut I have owned before and I had almost every one from the original through to the Expression, Imagine and the Cake!! I also had the Sizzix Eclips and sold that!

I also cut some tiny banners in which the letters were 1cm tall and they were perfect as you can see from the photos, it even cut the tiny teeny little holes in the tops of each banner flag which you can just about see from the photo:)


I love the mats for the Explore, the sticky is much better but it still peels off easily.

I tried the lettering using the pen supplied and it was amazing, this is a really cool feature :)

They have improved an awful lot of features on this machine and it certainly gets the thumbs up from me :) Time to sell all my dies and punches :) #cricutexplore

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, ooo glad you liked your explore. I have a cameo but i wasn't happy with some aspects of it so I have an Explore on order which should be here very soon. Good to see you can get intricate cuts.xx

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate any comments left for me and that people have taken the time to stop by so thank you and please leave your link so I can visit you and thank you in person.