Saturday, 25 February 2012

Salted Caramel sauce

My new love is salted caramel, it is beyond words! The combination of creamy sweetness and then the salt - but not just any old salt, it has to be fleur de sel which is quite easily obtainable. I will never again buy caramel it is just heavenly and far, far nicer than any shop bought - do try it!

4oz sugar
1 1 /2 oz butter
2 fl oz double cream
1 tsp fleur de sel

Melt the sugar over a medium heat and when it turns a deep amber colour add the butter and whisk until melted. Add the fleur de sel and cream, take off the heat and whisk until smooth. Easy!

You can fill cakes, pour over ice cream, whatever you desire!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This sounds gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE caramel, will definitely have to try this! Jayne. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum sounds and looks yummy for my tummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate any comments left for me and that people have taken the time to stop by so thank you and please leave your link so I can visit you and thank you in person.