Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Teddy Bea


This is my card for the Teddy Bo challenge. It is a twisted easel card. I used Blueberry Hill paper and a digi paper from Nitwits which I put an inked stamped edge over. I put a strip of matching paper inside and cut the edges with my valentine MS punch.  I then coloured Teddy Bea in with Copics and cut her out with a large nestie, popped an organza ribbon and some gorgeous roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and a bit of card candy. I am not entirely happy with it but then I rarely am!! It isn't what I first set out to achieve and have to keep trying!! I am still searching for the perfect card to colour with copics and working on my blending and shading - a neverending task!!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the colours, I have never tried a twisted easel card it looks really effective. I may have to have a go :o)

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, beautiful card using little Teddy Bea. Hope you sorted your card/paper out? Thanks for joining us over at Teddy Bo Challenge this time, good luck! Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right...don't laugh..but does this stand up on it's own?!!?!? That's clever!!!! I love cards like this as I don't know how to make them!!! ;oD

    Have you seen my tutorial on colouring...it's on YouTube...don't laugh though..I had to put my posh voice on as Tammy said I talk too fast!!!! Don't know if it will interest you.

    FairyD x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Gorgeous card! Great idea to do a twisted easel.

    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Teddy Bo.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the colours, saw a tutorial for the twisted easel in my Making Cards mag which arrived yesterday, definitely need to have a go,yours looks fab. Glad you could join us at the Teddy Bo challenge this week. Good Luck!
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one too!
    Hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I recommend using Craftwork Cards digital cardstock to stamp/print digis onto and colour with Copics/ProMarkers....I use it all the time.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate any comments left for me and that people have taken the time to stop by so thank you and please leave your link so I can visit you and thank you in person.