Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Trip to A&E last night!

I had been having chest pains since Monday afternoon and finally gave in to nagging from my parents and husband and made a dr's appt for last night. With my history the doctor said she was taking no chances and I had to go to A&E and by ambulance!! I felt such a fraud - Laura was with me and was fantastic, bless her. Everyone was really wonderful though and I had all the tests was given aspirin at the surgery, blood thinners and a clot buster drug in the belly when I got to A&E - ouch do they sting!! I was finally allowed to come home at midnight, they wanted me to stay in but I didn't want to, so they had a conflab and I was allowed home. They were excellent at East Surrey though and the ambulance crew were fab and the paramedic even came back to give Laura some info on work experience etc. as she wants to be a paramedic. In these gloomy times, the NHS still carries on giving it's best and I want to thank everyone for all they did for me last night.

Hope you have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, how awful.. I hope you are ok honey and am glad you were looked after. Love and Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kim I hope everything is ok, take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better,take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your unwell kim. Hope you feel better soon

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are poorly Kim keep that chin up and take care. Sending huge well wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awful..Poor you..I hope you feel better soon Sending {{{{HUGS}}}} xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better Kim
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness me Kim. What a night for you and the family. Arnt we always the last to go though! We always tell everyone else to go to the doctors but never actually get there ourselves. Hope you are feeling a lot better very soon.Lindax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are home Kim, take care and rest :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How scary for you Kim - I hope you're feeling a lot better now. Thanks for the kind words about the NHS - as an employee it's nice to hear someone say something good about us for a change! Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I popped in for a wee browse only to discover you have been poorly. I hope you are feeling a lot better now Kim and have got over all the awful things that have occured lately what with your dental bill and your lovely mini being damaged.
    Sending you a big (((HUG))) x

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate any comments left for me and that people have taken the time to stop by so thank you and please leave your link so I can visit you and thank you in person.